Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cool Stuff: 12 Days of Christmas Plates

Normally, I shudder at the very thought of holiday-themed dinnerware. It's just so ... nauseatingly twee. But these caught my eye in a museum shop today, and I was actually quite charmed by them. (I must be going soft in my old age.)

Each of the 12 appetizer-sized plates depicts -- with sweet illustrations and fresh, not-too-Christmas-y colors -- the gifts that one's true love might bestow in the days leading up to December 25, from the lone partridge to the 12 drummers drumming.

The set, by Seattle's Rosanna Bowles, is $96 right here.

2 comments:

Kristen - Dine & Dish said...

Oh I actually like those too!

Anonymous said...

I bought these for all the girls in my family. The box they come in is adorable!
I thought they would be cute on the wall as a temporary seasonal art, but they are very small...just have to serve sweets on them!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.