Tuesday, May 27, 2008

eBay Find of the Day: Vintage Fishing Floats

I love how a group of vintage glass fishing floats looks in a low, wide bowl -- so casual and beachy and summery. I love them even more in a tall glass canister set on a windowsill, with the sun seeming to illuminate them from within.

This set of 11 small handblown floats, beachcombed from the Japanese shore, will get your collection off to a very nice start indeed.

Current bid: $10 (Note: This auction ended in May, 2008. You can find similar vintage floats on eBay right here.)

4 comments:

JanelleGrace said...

I love these. When I was seven, I wrote a letter, I put it in a soda bottle, and threw it off into a river near my house.

When I was fifteen, I was received a package from someone in Canada saying they found my letter on the beach and they also found a glass float, which they included. It sits on my bookshelf.

I wish I had dated the letter so the person could have known how long it took.

Leah said...

What an incredible story, janellegrace!

TIG said...

These are beautiful. Can definitely see them in an oversized, low wooden bowl. And loved janellegrace's story--how wonderful.

Jess said...

These are great! I will have to get some of these for my home-- thanks for the tip!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.