Monday, September 22, 2008

Cool Stuff: Marimekko Fall Collection

There's another minor heatwave predicted for these parts in the coming days -- but still, I can feel it: Autumn is almost here. The first tinges of fiery red and orange are beginning to seep into the leaves, and the morning air has a welcome crispness. Fall is, without question, my favorite season.

And now that the summer heat is (mostly) behind us, I can finally start appreciating the autumnal decor that seems like a cruel joke when it first starts popping up in the sweltering days of August. Perfect timing, then, for Marimekko's new collection of fall fabrics.

My favorite new patterns and colorways:

Purnukka Red, $42 per panel

Valmuska Olive Green, $42 per panel

Biloba Green, $52 per panel

Ginkgo Gold, $52 per panel

La Botte Green, $42 per panel

Pudhas Yellow, $42 per panel

Joika Brown, $48 per panel

Kumiseva Red, $70 per panel

Terttu, $58 per panel

Marmeladi Yellow, $54 per panel

See the entire collection right here.

7 comments:

tinyparticlesoflight said...

The Terttu print makes me want to have a festive dinner of some sort - great colors!

Tracey said...

Oh! I love them all- and I said I wasn't going to buy any new linens for the fall- Oh well, that promise lasted until I saw these!

Anonymous said...

They're terrific. I LOVE ginkgo leaves (even though the real tree is kinda stinky). The panel in the first photo is gorgeous.

PS. No signs of summer left up here in the PNW. We're fully into fall!

AT said...

Oh sigh. How I do love Marimekko.

Anonymous said...

ha! marimekko is one of my favs too!! do you have an eye

Anonymous said...

Because of you, I decided to buy one of Marimekko's retro prints for my dining room. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

I love Marimekko and thank you for your post. My fav is Valmuska Olive Green — wouldn't it make fabulous curtains? Thanks!

susie q

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.