Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cool Stuff: Not Mass Produced

Not Mass Produced is a curated British and European artisans' marketplace -- not unlike the U.S.-based Supermarket or the Shiny Squirrel -- that gives its members a showcase for their handmade wares, and allows us to purchase unique items directly from the talented men and women who make them.

Some of my favorites:

Marine Court Textile Design on Canvas (top), £20 (about $28), and Park Life (above), £95 ($135), both by Gillian Bates

Nest of People Bowls, £105 ($149) per set from Alice Mara

Forest Cushion Corsage, £30 ($43) from A Alicia Accessories

Dimpled Cups and Pouring Bowl, £15 ($21) each from Linda Bloomfield

Flying Birdie Cushion, £22 ($31) from Liz Padgham-Major

White Ceramic Beaker, £12 ($17) from Lauren Denney

Cafetiere Cover, £35 ($50) from Jane Withers

Illustrated Framed Piece, £206 ($292), from Emma Cowell Paperworks

Browse the entire Not Mass Produced marketplace right here.

(Via Designers' Block.)

5 comments:

GinaSue said...

I have been reading your blog everyday for over a year now. I'm finally writing to Thank You for bringing these beautiful finds into my home. I always look forward to seeing what you discover. Through you I have found so many wonderful people, places, and things. You even guided me through Portland, OR... and didn't even know it. Thanks Leah! And I love your new banner.

Leah said...

Thanks so much, Gina -- you made my day!

jacklyn said...

wow! this is amazing! thanks for sharing! is it bad that i want it all?
~jacklyn
www.peppermags.com

Carrie said...

I'm going to check out their site right away. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren Denney said...

Thanks for the feature. you picked some amazing pieces in this feature. I'm loving them all! thanks. Lauren

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.